Saturday, October 5, 2013

Drive Back Home Episode 2- Returned To Sendered

Back for Week 2!

SHOW NOTES




I'm getting better at remembering stuff off the cuff, so I'm still new to all this. Consider it "practice"

Deck Type: Blue and Black, representing House Dimir.
Drafted a lot of fliers with Nimbus Naiad, Insatiable Harpy, Vaporkin and Shipwrecked Singer.
Record: 3-0-1, UNDEFEATED!!!
Match 1- vs. Black/White, with Pyrex of Pandemonium (2-0)
Pandemoninum worked for me ONLY because I had more creature exiled that he had. It's an AWESOME card for limited, just for how much havoc it could wreak. Might see use in a mill deck.

Match 2- vs. Grull (2-0).

Match 3- vs. Izzet (2-0). Spellheart Chimera is a wicked bad card, and my normal standbys of Thassa's Bounty and Returned Phalanx couldn't come out to play. Might play well with Tome Scour and Archaeomancer. 

Match 4- vs. Green/Blue (DRAW DECLARED). But I lost horribly, as his Agent of Fates and Aqueous Form made it hard for me to recover.  

Deck MVP: Returned Phalanax, ABSOLUETLY. A 3/3 blocker on turn 2, and if you get stuck with only 2 mana, you still have a viable 3/3 creature.

Good Pulls: Bident of Thassa, and Thassa's Emmisary both worked well in my deck.As far as prize packs go, since I won 5(!!!) I'm just going to list all the good stuff:
-Spellheart Chimera
-2 Stoneshock Giants
-One pack where I pulled 2 Commune with the Gods
-Ashiok, Nightmare Weaver
-Temple Of Deciet
-3 Sentry Of The  Underworlds
-Lots Of Ordeals
-Spear of Heliod

No comments:

Post a Comment