Monday, October 21, 2013

Drive Back Home Episode 3- The Roads Less Traveled

DOWNLOAD THE EPISODE

SHOW NOTES

Not so good this week, but got a lot of good cards!

Deck Type: Green and Red, splashing White
Drafted both Bow of Nylea and Hammer of Puphoros, AND Temple of Abandon. PRETTY luck if you ask me...
Record: 1-2-1... Eh...

Match 1- vs. Green/Blue/Red with Prophet of Kruphix (2-0). PoK is one of my star players in my Simic Deck for Game Day tomorrow. While it did give me some trouple enabling my opponent to play some counterspells, Hammer Of Puphoros and his ability to create a golem from 3 mana and sac a land kept me on the offensive.

Match 2- vs. Green/Blue (1-1) I could have won this game on Game 2, but he had 2 Vulpine Goliaths out, and I only had one blocker when he went full tilt to strike. 18 Lands seems to be the new rule of thumb for Theros Limited.

Match 3- vs. Radkos (0-2) This is the same guy who I face with R and B in Episode 1.

Match 4- vs. Blue/White (0-2) Another U/W Fliers Deck, another Prescient Chimera all up in my business. So when I get to the Hatedrafting stage of the pack, I know what to take, much like Shiv's Embrace in M14.

Deck MVP: No one really, I guess Hammer of Puphoros? I was never in a strong position board-wise, so Haste and Deathtouch couldn't really do much for me.

Good Pulls: Drafted both Bow of Nylea and Hammer of Puphoros, AND Temple of Abandon, and one of the guys there was giving out his commons and uncommons from his prize packs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment