Saturday, October 26, 2013

Drive Back Home Episode 4- Setting The Standard

DOWNLOAD EPISODE 4

First Standard Magic episode!

DECK LIST

Deck: Life Wasted- BUG

//Lands
2 Overgrown Tomb
1 Golgari Guildgate
4 Breeding Pool
15 Swamp

//Spells
1 Vraska the Unseen
4 Doom Blade
1 Grisly Spectacle
1 Hero's Downfall
2 Pharika's Cure
3 Sanguine Bond
2 Thoughtseize
1 Whip of Erebos
2 Putrefy

//Creatures
3 Experiment One
2 Gyre Sage
4 Desecration Demon
4 Gray Merchant of Asphodel
4 Nightveil Specter
4 Returned Phalanx

//Sideboard
3 Duress
3 Burst of Strength
3 Dark Betrayal
1 Ultimate Price
3 Crypt Incursion
2 Mark of the Vampire

Display deck statistics

SHOW NOTES

Deck Type: Black Devotion, splashing Green, with Blue mana sources
Record: 1-3... Eh... The deck at least fared well.

Match 1 vs. RDW (0-2): Still figuring out my Mana Curve, I wasn't able to get a lot of bodies on the field. But, I still had a lot of low cost removal, so I was able to stall him for at least a little while.

Match 2 vs. MonoBlack Devotion (1-2): He was packing Pack Rats, and while I was able to get one with my Nightveil Specter, his Erebos, God Of The Dead held me back quite a bit, so I should also sideboard in some Fade Into Antiquity, but thankfully I had some Dark Betrayal as well.

Match 3 vs. Mono Green Devotion (1-2): I lost due to a major misplay: I forgot that Scavenging Ooze gains a life for every creature it exiles, so I had him at way less life than I thought.

So my combo worked as intended: Sanguine Bond -> Crypt Incursion, gained 6 life, he lost 6 and I thought I had him, but I should have Crypt Incursioned his graveyard instead.

Match 4 vs. ???: I thought this guy just got super mana screwed with this Sliver Deck he played with, but turns out his guy he was new to Standard and had no idea what he was doing, so I tried to help him out as much as possible, and let him take some of my Boros Guildgates, but for the second game, I let him play with the BR M14 Intro Deck, and gave him the stack of commons and uncommons that someone had left for the taking.

My B/G plan seemed to work as intended, I just need to overhaul the mana A LOT.

Deck MVP: Honestly? Putrefy. Keep it on the side for those pesky God Weapons that HEY GUESS WHAT AIN'T INDESTURCTIBLE HAHAHAHA

Good Pulls: N/A, it was Standard.

No comments:

Post a Comment