Friday, November 1, 2013

Drive Back Home Episode 5- Back(to)Draft(ing)

DOWNLOAD EPISODE 5

SHOW NOTES

Not so good this week, but got a lot of good cards!

Deck Type: Green and White
I went into the draft with a plan... Unfortunately the plan didn't work out. I had a lot of Heroic creatures, but not much to activate it with, just some enchantment creatures, Ordeals, Gods Willing and Battlewise Valor. Not bad, but could be better.
Record: 1-3... I'm gettin' worse :(

Match 1- vs. Green/White (0-2) Mirror match. He had the flyers, I did not.

Match 2- vs. Black/White (1-2) Now, what screwed me over was the flying, BUT he had Fleetfooted Sandals, which grants creatures haste and flying. Combine that with my lack of big beaters, and you have a fairly easy win for him. If I didn't get mana screwed the third game, this would have been a lot closer, but it was not meant to be :(

Match 3- vs. Gruul (1-2)  Hopeful Eidolon and Favored Hoplite drove me to a Game 1 win, and for a while, I had him beat by equipping said Hoplite with Gift of Immortality and Ordeals, BUT, he had Portent of Betrayal, taking control of him, and sealing the win.

Match 4- vs. Radkos (2-0) While the Keepsake Gorgon kept me at bay, Gift of Immortality combined with Nemesis of Mortals allowed me to beat down his defenses. Voyaging Satyr came in handy A LOT here.

Deck MVP: Hopeful Eidolon and Leafcrown Dryad share this one.

Good Pulls: Gift of Immortality for sure, Abhorrent Overlord I guess, Steam Augury, two Chronicler of Heros and Anthoussa. Not bad, but not enough.

So what did I learn? When in doubt, draft flyers.

No comments:

Post a Comment